Board of Directors
1. The Board of Directors shall primarily ensure the financial stability of the organization. The Board will do this by :
- Working to assess and develop means of financial support for the Project, including fundraising initiatives.
- Reviewing and ultimately approving the annual budget of the Project.
- Assure that the programs and operations of the Project ensure financial feasibility but also meet the goals and priorities outlined by the Steering Committee and management.
2. The Board of Directors shall work with the Steering Committee to develop, evaluate, and maintain a rolling strategic plan for the Project. The Board will do this by:
- Ensuring that goals developed are consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values statement of the project.
- Assuring goals are reasonable and attainable and meet strategic needs of the Project.
- Reviewing goals and progress made toward goals on an ongoing, regular basis.
- Determining the strategic and tactical feasibility of the goals.
- Assessing the need for change within the Project.
- Determining and maintain a proper level of staffing in the office to support the goals of the Project.
3. The Board of Directors shall maintain oversight of the Project. The Board will do this by:
- Reviewing the financial planning model for the Project that includes an annual Budget for the current year and budget estimates for the next two years on a rolling basis.
- Determining appropriate fundraising initiatives.
- Ensuring that the required audits and financial reports are completed on time.
- Ensuring compliance with aspects of our non-profit status.
- Developing and reviewing an organizational structure that includes appropriate management, staffing, and steering committee structure to ensure success of the approved goals of the project.
- Reviewing the performance and composition of the Board of Directors to assure that the Board is continuing to meet the needs of the organization.